I'm sure Avast didn't go into business to fleece people, but that's almost what happened here and I know that it happens every single day to good people who are unaware and unprepared, and like a deer in headlights they fall for the scam out of fear.Even after paying for a yearly subscription; there are constant pop-ups and up-sell marketing getting in your face, trying to scare you into spending more $$$ for more elusive protection.
Or worst; they scan your system, and come up with more obscure issues in red, that can only be removed if you agree to Upgrade your subscription and pay more on top of what you already paid. They nickel and dime you to death with up-sells to fix the new problems that you are already paying them to prevent! Yet their paid protection didn't prevent the next major issue to surface a few months into into my subscription; my laptop got super slow, pages wouldn't load and the Avast program stopped working, and would not scan, or respond, I couldn't even close the window! I contacted their support, and the guy tried to fix it but nothing he did seemed to work; next he attempted to talk me into shelling out another $119.00 one time fee for fixing it!!!
That's how they make their money; passing the buck through a 3rd party so they can get a commission, I tried telling him that I'm already paying for tech support for my laptop so ... at that point; he just cut me off in mid-sentence and rudely hung up on me!
I wrote Avast support later to ask for a refund and they replied that I will not be charged for renewal, and thank you for choosing Avast... but on the meantime I'm still 20 bucks out, plus 2wks of tech *** and stress that cost me time and lost me money and productivity.
It's bad enough cyber crime is rampant, now you have to worry about the very people whom you pay to protect you; like Avast and many other unscrupulous individuals out there, who are only concerned with exploiting our fears; it's another form of Ransom-ware or cyber crime. "I'll get my upper level tech guy to fix that for you, he said; and you won't need to lose any of your files or programs!" They'll lie to you with a smile, to trick you, so they can pocket your hard earned money. So, people; don't get sucked in! Beware and be smart, listen to your intuition.
I got my issue resolved the next morning with my Premium paid support from Dell, and I didn't need to spend any extra $$$.Hope this helps.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I met Mr. Gabe Arnold in Cincinnati as he claimed to be traveling and meeting with his sales team there. I'm not an attorney, nor am I an accountant. When..."
- "After years of doing business with Sitelock and spending thousands of dollars the service degraded with almost monthly service problems until my website was offline because of a problem with..."
- "Braindumps only care about looting money. They claim accurate and updated questions on their tests but this is a lie. And when you raise the issue that only 2 of their..."
- "I was in the market searching for a new couch for my new apartment. I checked out La Z Boy because of my parent’s old La Z Boy sofa that..."
- "I ordered for our little league - all the kids were counting on me. I placed the order and paid. Printed the order confirmation and was excited. Then I got..."
- "While living at Forest Ridge Apartments and Townhouses in Ottawa, ON, I was bullied into renting an apartment I couldn't afford. I was told that because of THEIR faulty windows..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."