London, England

I have several Avast products and as such I received notification of 50% discount on Avast Cleanup premium ( ie £ 19.99 ), which I took.

After running it for the first time, it produces a list of issues on 'maintenance, speed up, free up space and fix problems'. To resolve all this one is urged to 'Unlock all features'.

This leads to a notification 'You are now in scan-only mode, please subscribe to unlock all feature !' This is a complete misrepresentation of what is the original Avast offer promises ie. ...Avast cleanup cleans out your PC so it runs its best'. That is what I bought and expected not to have my PC scanned only for issue without resolving them. Your offer 50% discount is totally disingenuous and clearly wrong.

I understand that marketing incentives to buy a range of products is a familiar business model, but what Avast has done with this particular product is a trap, treating the customer like a mug. Please explain.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

AvastTeam

Hi, ThankfulBengalTiger912: Thanks for reaching out! Please ensure you're signed into your Avast account within the CleanUp Premium software.

If you are and are still receiving the subscription request, we'd like to help get it resolved.

Please contact us directly at avast-team@avast.com and we'll be happy to assist. -Avast Team

ThankfulBengalTiger912
@AvastTeam

Hello = Thank you for your prompt reaction to my complaint. I followed your suggestion to sign up before running the software.

Alas, it did not seem to make a difference. The scan is followed by a a request to subscribe for another £ 19.99.

Please advise how to make it work as it should. Rgds, M.

AvastTeam
@ThankfulBengalTiger912

Please try running a repair on the software by going into the Antivirus user interface and clicking Menu>Settings>General>Troubleshooting>Repair App. If this doesn't resolve the issue, we'd be happy to forward you on to our Consumer Escalation team.

Keep us updated! -Avast Team