I was running the Avast Free Anti-Virus protection, and was just looking for information on it's web page in regard to malware ... a window popped up for an "Update to the Premier Version" (supposedly, only 9.99 - which should have told me something) .... I entered my bank info ... it even went as far as having an "activating" page .... and then a VERY quick notice came up - and disappeared just as fast - that this site was fraudulent, and it popped me to the "real" Avast Update Site - with, of course, much higher prices for the the Premier version .... followed by Avast advising me that I was "not protected" anymore !!

I called my bank immediately - they already withdrew the money - and under an Avast description ......

Either they are in on this scam - or, at the very least, they are incompetent as heck .... I tend to believe the first, since all of this took place on an originally legitimate website .......

I am extremely disappointed - and furious !!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Avast Software Antivirus.

Reason of review: SCAMMED !!!!!.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: None of it scammed out of money, That i got scammed - and now, I do not know what other information is compromised, Dishonest practices.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 28, 2016.

Comments