I had been using Avast Internet Security on my system and though I didn't really check to see how well it was working, I hadn't had any breaches or viruses attack my system so I thought they were a good company. Been using them for past 5 or so years and even recommended them to friends.

Two days ago I decided to try their "free" 60-day trial for the Avast Cleanup package. I should have read this post beforehand. As someone else has said, it doesn't work for Outlook and has actually disable my Outlook so that I can't send emails unless I turn Avast Off.

I called for tech support and after waiting 10 mins I was told that the only way for them to help was to access my system. I explained that this makes me very uncomfortable, but they insisted that was the only way. They ended up not looking for the issue at all. Just checked my regedit and found a random, never used key for mcaffee and blamed my problem on having McAffee installed, which I never have. They insisted that my system needed tech support and they would have to charge me for that.

I re-explained - there was no problem before I installed your Cleanup product and Outlook works fine when I turn Avast off. Does not work when its on. Therefore your product is the issue, not my system.

They still insisted that I pay or technical support. I said you should be paying me for using me as a guinea pig to test your boken product. I said give me my money back and take this product off my computer. They said you can do that yourself, but offered no refund.

When you call their number 1-844-752-4367 to request a refund, the message tells you to go online to avast.com/support and select "contact an agent," and submit a ticket. In believable.

Review about: Avast Software Technical Support.

I didn't like: Tech support - they charge even when your product is at fault.

Comments